Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Good Deed Week #22

Good Deed #149 + 150. With a simple click of a mouse, I saved 7.4 sq feet of rainforest. Let's be honest, I have no clue how much that really is, but it sounds good. I also clicked and saved one pound of carbon emissions (equivalent to my hot shower). If you too want to save the rainforests or carbon emissions click here.

Good Deed #151.
I made a donation to the Rosie the Riveter WW II Home Front National Historical Park that was established in Richmond, CA in 2000 to tell the story of how Americans at home pulled together in a unified effort to win World War II. There are many threads to this story about “The Arsenal of Democracy,” including the first time in American history that minorities and women were integrated into and became an essential component of the industrial workforce and the first time that child care was routinely provided for working women and the establishment of a comprehensive health care system. Richmond, CA was chosen as the national park’s location because it was the location of the largest and most productive shipyard in the world in WW II, and much of the historic infrastructure is still intact.


Good Deed #152. I also made a donation to FARM-Africa which works at a grassroots level with rural communities in eastern Africa, providing long term solutions to poverty. By working with farmers and herders to introduce new and innovative ways to increase food production and manage natural resources, FARM-Africa aims to improve their food security in a sustainable way.

Good Deed #153. On Saturday, I ran 4 miles with Team in Training. It wasn't too difficult, but my legs were tired from running during the week. On Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday I ran for 35 minutes. My main concern is whether or not my knees will be able to handle the constant pounding. To date, I have received very generous donations from Allan and my bestest Erin!
Please support me in the race to fight blood cancer! Click to
DONATE NOW


Good Deed #154. As I stated last week, we are preparing to become a host family for a Boise Hawks player. Brian and I attended our orientation meeting and learned all about our responsibilities as a host family. Basically, we provide a home, meals, transportation, everything for the player. We are excited and just really hope we are picked (its not a guarantee that we will get a player because we have more host families than player).

1 comment:

Hands said...

Thanks for FINALLY posting an update. LOOOOOOVE YOUUUUUUU :)