Good Deed #170 + #171. I helped Oceana save dolphins, whales and sea otters as well as help keep pollutants out of the oceans with a free click.
Also, with more than half of breast cancer cases remaining unexplained by traditional risk factors, scientists increasingly indicate that these cases have environmental links. So, I clicked on the "Prevent Breast Cancer" button, and an advertising sponsor will donate approximately $.005 to the Breast Cancer Fund's environmental health legislative and outreach work. This work helps ensure that you and your family are safe from radiation and cancer-causing chemicals in your everyday life. Every click helps the Breast Cancer Fund support its work to prevent causes of this devastating epidemic. Make prevention your daily deed and schedule your clicks today or visit one of the links on the left to see how you can help.
Good Deed #172. Alright, who do I love???? That's right FIREFIGHTERS (Allan that includes you now!!!) So it was only a matter of time before I donated to the Leary Firefighter Foundation. The Leary Firefighters Foundation was founded in 2000 by actor Denis Leary in response to a fire that broke out in an abandoned warehouse in downtown Worcester, Massachusetts, his hometown, in December of 1999. Over 75 firefighters ran into what some have called "the perfect fire" and six of them never came out. One was Denis' first cousin, Jerry Lucey and another Lt. Tommy Spencer, was a childhood friend and high school classmate. In an effort to find a positive way to deal with this overwhelming loss, Denis established The Leary Firefighters Foundation in the spring of 2000. The Leary Firefighters Foundation is dedicated to providing fire departments with funding and resources for up-to-date equipment and training.

Good Deed #173. 2008 is a landmark year in the fight against poverty and disease. The world is halfway to 2015 when the Millennium Goals must be achieved, but Africa is perilously off track. 2008 is also the halfway point between 2005 and 2010 when many G8 promises to Africa must be met such as the commitment to provide an additional $25 billion in effective aid for Africa. The G8 are dangerously behind on these landmark commitments. So help the fight, I signed the following petition at One.org.
We call upon you to build on recent success in fighting extreme poverty by delivering your commitments on healthcare, agriculture and education and by helping citizens in developing countries in their efforts to improve governance and fight corruption.
Good Deed #174. Alright, this was a tough week. On Saturday I ran 8 miles and struggled the final mile or so. As most of you know, my knees have always had problems and well the pain finally arrived. I finished the eight miles, came home put some ice on, and rested my tired legs. This week I received donations from Mahan, Amanda, and Uncle Frank. Thank you to each of them!!!!!!!
Please support me in the race to fight blood cancer! Click to
DONATE NOW
Good Deed #175. Alright, so Ryan has finished his first series as a professional baseball player!!! Things are going well and he is heading out to Everett for his first professional road series.
1 comment:
I hope when we are 80 we can let Ethel and Sophia out in our own version of Young at Heart for the world to enjoy
Post a Comment