Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Good Deed Week #23

Good Deed #155 - 157. I worked on an elderly woman's house for three days as part of the Weyerhauser's Paint the Town team. I mostly helped with landscaping and preparations to paint the house. Overall, it was an amazing experience and I am glad we could make a difference.





Good Deed #158 - 159. More than 319,000 harp seals will be clubbed or shot to death this year in Canada. 96% of them will be less than 3 months old, and some may even be skinned alive. I clicked here to support airtime for IFAW's TV campaign and build public pressure against this cruel and inhumane hunt. I also clicked here to help vaccinate one cat in need.

Good Deed #160. I made a donation on GlobalGiving.com to help provide a glass of milk to 1000 kids attending Care & Share Charitable Trust's literacy centers in five of Vijayawada's poorest slums.

Good Deed #161. It is week three of training and I completed a 5 mile run on Saturday, in addition to all my weekly runs. The training is still going well, some slight knee pains, but overall things are good. I have received donations from my dad,
Rick Havasy (my dad's coworker), and Robert Huggins (my dad's coworker).


Please support me in the race to fight blood cancer! Click to
DONATE NOW

No comments: