Sunday, September 21, 2008

Good Deed Week #29

Good Deed #198. As I attempt to help our planet, I donated to a project to help Northwestern students in Panama. The community of Santo Domingo is located in Chagres National Park in Panama. It is isolated; a 10 km dirt road separates it from the nearest town. After the Northwestern group assisted in installations of solar panels and lights at the local school and church, the community proposed the electrification of individual houses through solar energy. This project will benefit the community’s health, economy, and environment. Northwestern will provide technical expertise, training, and 50% funding for materials.



Good Deed #199. I donated to a project that will provide a regular supply of basic foods and other items to the elderly population in parts of rural Guatemala, while educating families on age related issues. My small donation, will feed one elderly person for a month.

Good Deed #200 and #201. The genocide continues. 400,000 people are dead. How this is allowed to go on day after day doesn't make sense to me. I know this isn't much, but if we all sign and if we all fight for them, maybe (just maybe) we can put an end to this. To do my part, I joined and donated to Save Darfur. Please watch the videos on this site: http://www.voicesfromdarfur.org/page/content/voicesfromdarfur and the video below:



Good Deed #202. In order to offset the emissions I released during my shower today, I clicked to donate to stop global warming. It's easy, for you it would just be one click on this page and another on care2's website.

Good Deed #203. Ryan is still with us. We fear (mostly me) that he will be called up at any minute to the bigger leagues. Our players are being called up on a weekly basis, so our time with him could be over at any minute. He has the talent to move up and we sure will be happy if he does, but I selfishly want him to stay. So far, so good.


Good Deed #204. Ouch, ouch, ouch. We ran 12 miles this Saturday. Ouch. I hurt everywhere and walking seems impossible. They warned us about blisters and bloody toes, but when it actually happens you really realize how much it hurts. Oh well. It's done and over with and next week will be an easier week.

No comments: