Good Deed #128. I bought several calling cards and I am mailing them to the Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans, which is a not-for-profit transitional living facility that provides assistance to U.S. veterans of any era the opportunity to return to useful and productive lives by providing them with the skills for independent living.
Good Deed #129. Driving home on Saturday, we stopped and bought a small necklace from a lady selling homemade items. After we made the purchase, we learned she had been waiting patiently for four hours and we were the only people to stop all day.
Good Deed #130. On Saturday, I ran in my very first race in celebration of Rich's mom who is a two-time breast cancer survivor. The Boise Race for the Cure had more than 14,000 participants who either ran or walked for the cure (video of all the people). It was a true honor running in this race.
Start of the Race
Good Deed #131. For Mother's Day, I purchased an e-card for my mom from Charity: Water. 100% of each e-card goes directly to funding sustainable clean water solutions in developing nations. Upon receiving the card, my mother will be able to choose a country where the money will go. The great part, the donation will provide clean drinking water to another mother for 20 years! Happy Mother's Day, Mom! Love you!!!!!
Good Deed #132. After running in the Race for the Cure, I decided I would sign-up for an orientation meeting with Team in Training. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training is the world's largest endurance sports training program. The program provides training to run or walk marathons and half marathons or participate in triathlons and century (100-mile) bike rides. Since 1988, more than 360,000 volunteer participants have helped raise more than $850 million. More details to come after the meeting, but if I decide to go this route - I will need the support of all my friends and family and all your friends and family and all their friends and family. It will truly be a community support project.






5 comments:
Kudos on the race! How long was it anyways?
Hey Lt. Nixon!
It was a 5K race and I finished it in a "speedy" 32 minutes. Not exactly a record pace....
yay for the Miracle League!! :) thanks so much!!
Erin - thanks for the suggestion! It is a great organization! I'm glad I could help out.
If anyone else knows another organization / opportunity feel free to share with me. I'm not even to the halfway point and I'm running out of ideas.
Isn't it illegal to run around with guns a blazin' in public?
Post a Comment