
Good Deed #114 + #115. As most of you already know, I lost a great friend and an amazing person when I was younger due to a drinking and driving accident. I never fully "got over" his loss and don't think I ever will. Although, I have accepted it and I have tried to "move on," I still carry images, thoughts, and memories of him with me every day. In John's memory I made another donation to both SADD and MADD.


Good Deed #116. It's no secret that I have a strong love and respect for firemen. It's also well known that I am extremely shy (although some refuse to believe it). Let me give you a little back story. Several years ago when I was living in Newport News, VA I spent an entire day baking several different types of brownies for the fire department that was literally right in front of our apartment complex. I arranged the brownies nicely on the tray, grabbed my roommate and headed up to the fire station. When we got about 20 yards from the door, I came to a dead stop and shoved the tray into her arms and refused to go any further. I was paralyzed with fear. I think she somehow convinced me to go to the door, but it is all a blur to me. I do know I made her say she baked the brownies and she handed them the tray. If I was at the door, I'm sure I was trying to hide behind her or something else. Anyway, I digress, because of my complete love but total fear to approach firefighters I decided to go a different route. Since, I always see the guys from our local fire department at the grocery store, I decided to buy a gift card to the store and mail it to them anonymously. This way I am still helping the boys, but not making a fool out of myself.
Good Deed #117. Did you have a favorite teacher? I had a couple, but most of them I can't track down these days. I decided to write a thank-you letter to one of my favorite teachers from High School to let her know the difference she made in my life. If it wasn't for her (and the requirements made by my first college) I don't think I would have come a few credits shy of a Math minor (me + math = disaster).
Good Deed #118 + #119. Brian and I attended the orientation for and participated in ReLeaf Boise. The goal is to make Boise a better place to live by providing trees to shade streets, clean the air and ease global (and Boise's) warming. We were lucky enough to join a wonderful group of friends from BoiseLife.org and as a group we planted a total of eight trees. I'm not sure if all of them will survive, but at least we tried. I will post pictures of the event shortly.
No comments:
Post a Comment