1. What Kind of World Do You Want (Good Deed #29). I'm speechless. What can I say? Wow! In one week the video received more than 4,000 clicks which roughly translates to $4,000!!!! One week!!! Not to mention, I was chosen by Five For Fighting to be the video of the week on their MySpace page!!!! To be honest, I simply wanted to post a video that honored my dad's 20 years of service and honored the men and women who are serving now. It was a way for me to show my dad how proud I was of what he did and is still doing for the military and for the United States. I send my most sincere thanks to all those who have watched (I know many of you have clicked several times, even if you had to minimize the screen and mute the sound). Please keep all the men and women, present and past in your prayers and thoughts. Wow!
Good Deeds Week #5
Good Deed #30. This was a simple good deed (how could I top the one before it?!?) and it is something that is becoming very trendy these Green days. Brian and I bought 6 reusable grocery bags from the store and we plan on using them each time we go grocery shopping. It is estimated that nearly 12 million barrels of oil are required to make the 100 BILLION plastic shopping bags Americans go through in a year!!!! Worldwide, between 500 BILLION and 1 TRILLION plastic bags are consumed each year!!!!!
Good Deed #31. For my second adopted soldier, I bought a ton of hygiene products like his wife said he needed and now I am just waiting to hear from him (so I know I have the right information) before I send his first package to him.
Good Deed #32. I went to my first Special Olympic Games orientation meeting and fingerprinting session. It was interesting to say the least. Did you know they don't use ink for fingerprinting anymore?!?!? They use this fancy dancy machine that apparently doesn't like my hand (or I'm too stupid to operate the machine). The orientation meeting was not informative at all and did not orient me with anything - but such is life. I have a second meeting this Wednesday on my actual duties - I am volunteering in Event Logistics (umm yeah, I don't know).
Good Deed #33. Most of you know good deed #33 already, on Friday, Feb. 1st it was Heart Health day and you should have worn red (lie if you didn't) and I sent a link to most asking you to click on the Red Dress to donate a dollar to Campbell's Heart Health. If you missed out, its not too late, you can still click.
Good Deed #34. I started this last year, but I didn't get very far. So, I started over again this year and we will see if I get any further. I am knitting a blanket for Operation Baby Blanket (caution: this is a horrible site - please mute your computer before viewing). I'm not sure if I am doing the Mommy Packets - which consists of a baby blanket, hat, and 12 announcements - or the Baby Blankets for Troops - which the Baby Blankets are made and sent to expectant dads that are deployed and they in turn choose one to send home especially for their own baby (It helps the dads to be involved and to give a gift from DAD). Right now, I have 2 completed squares and many many many more to do.
Good Deed #35. I'm still in the works on this one, but hopefully soon I will be a proud owner of Gregers the tree in Niger, Africa from Tree Nation. I named my tree Gregers because it is Norwegian for "watchful vigilance" and I hope to bring even in the smallest way, some peace, security and vigilance to the area of Niger. I will keep you posted and will let you know when my tree is planted - we can even follow his growth online and see exactly where he was planted (anyone that knows me and my tree Gunther know this obsession with naming and loving trees happened way before I became engaged with a Tree Guy).
No comments:
Post a Comment