Brian had researched the climb and sources said it was approximately 8 miles round trip – WRONG. The hike was approximately 12 miles and we climbed about 2100 feet in elevation. It was exhausting. It was painful. It was long. But, it was well worth it even though I came home with a bug bite on my tongue (don’t ask; that sucked), bruised hips (from my pack), achy leg muscles, a swollen left hand, and two bloody toes.
I think Willie Benegas says it best “I love reaching a summit; it’s that feeling of accomplishment I can’t find anywhere else.” I agree, the feeling of thinking I couldn’t make it and then the feeling of 'oh my goodness I did it' is an awesome feeling. We had some incredible views and saw some cool stuff. We even heard a bird’s wings in the wind for the first time. Think about, when do you hear their wings? Never. It was pretty loud and interesting.
Becky

1 comment:
lovely photos becky. And an inspiration for me as we look for a "simpler" life out of the city.
So good to see you last night.
Post a Comment