Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Just Trying to Survive

I am just a girl trying to survive on a bike. I wont have the fastest time, longest distance, or fastest speed, but I do what I can and maybe try a little that I can't do so well. On our third day of riding I decided to climb a long and steep hill. With SUVs, cars, truckers and dump trucks whizzing by at 70+ mph I slowly spun my way to the top of the hill. Sadly, every time I looked at my cateye I realized I hadn't gone very far and I was only going 4 mph. But hey, I made it. And, when it was time to turn around and go flying down my well deserved climb - I freaked out and kept breaking for most of the way down. Something about the fear of hitting a pothole, flying off my bike, and getting hit by a speeding dump truck just didn't sound appealing at the time. However, on a smaller hill I was able to get a top speed of 26 mph. Smokin. At the end of the ride, we went 14 miles in 1 hour 16 mins with an average speed of 11 mph and a top speed of 26 mph. And, more importantly, I survived the climb.

Below are some pictures from our ride:

#1: That's me biking beside homes that I will never own (even if you and I win the lottery)


#2 Where's Becky? Enlarge the picture and you should be able to spot me.


#3 Approaching the big climb
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Look at you getting your ride on!